Just finished a training session. Feeling ‘on top of the world and raring to go’ for my afternoon shift. But it wasn’t always this way – so it got me thinking…….
I want to share some lessons I’ve learned in the hope they’ll help you take a leap towards feeling on top of the world….
First some questions. I encourage you to write down the answers (or at least pause and think of your answer) real quick before you move on to the lesson:
- Do you have a weight loss goal that you want to pursue?
- Are you finding it difficult to take that first step toward making this goal a reality?
- What’s holding you back?
- What has stopped you from taking those first steps to success?
Here are a few that have affected me at one time or another in the past:
1. Feeling Overwhelmed.
No matter how large or how small the endeavor, you still have to begin with a single action. You don’t have to have it all figured out. Simply take the first step.
2. Fear of ___________. (Fill in the blank.) It could be any number of things.
Failure. Humiliation. Loss.
Odds are, the fear that you’re experiencing is far worse than the actual reality. 99% of the time, the fear that’s holding you back is not that big of a deal. The potential discomfort you’d experience is nothing compared to the elation you’d experience from actually achieving your goal.
3. Unwilling to Leave The Comfort Zone. This is me putting it in a nicer way of saying you’re being too lazy to reach your goals.
You must accept that achieving anything of significance requires work and dedication. So logout of Facebook, quit texting and hop off the couch and make ‘it’ happen.
4. Comparing Yourself with Others. Your objectives should simply be tied to reaching your own potential.
Don’t worry about other people and what they’ve done unless it fuels you to work harder and do more. Otherwise focus on being the best version of you.
5. Thinking Things Had to Be Perfect. Waiting until the situation is perfect is a direct route to inaction because the situation will never be perfect.
No matter how well prepared you are, there will always be something unexpected that pops up, so don’t let the need for perfection stand in your way.
6. Doing More Research. This is just another way of saying ‘you’re too lazy to do the real work.’
As I just mentioned, things don’t have to be perfect to get started, so the need for endless research before taking action is completely unfounded.
7. Not Feeling ‘Worthy’ Enough. Not believing that you deserve to achieve your goal. The truth is it’s not whether or not you’re worthy of the goal, it’s whether or not the goal is worthy of you!
If you’re like me, the seven things that I listed above have at one time or another stood between inaction and action, success and failure…
But they’re all just obstacles designed to separate the haves from the have-nots… The successful from the average…
The real bottom line is this: no matter what your goal is, the best time to start is now!
If you would like my guidance, simply call me on 0437 314 920 to discuss your goals and potentially book a face-to-face PT session.